You can create Instagram ads the same way you create Facebook ads in the ad creation section of Ads Manager.
To create an Instagram ad:
- If you have an Instagram account, add it to your Business Manager or add it through your Page’s settings. If you don’t have an Instagram account, your Facebook Page may serve as the voice of your ads on Instagram.
- Next, go to ad creation.
- Choose an objective for your ad that supports Instagram.
- Click Continue after you’ve chosen an objective. Next, fill in the details of your ad including ad targeting, budget, schedule and creative.
- Before you place your order, make sure that there’s a check next to Instagram in the Ad Preview section of ad creation. This will ensure your ad will be eligible to run on Instagram.
Learn how to create Instagram ads in Power Editor.
You are not required to have an Instagram account although it is recommended.
To create ads on Instagram without an Instagram account:
Start by creating a campaign that supports Instagram ads:
- Go to Power Editor and click the Manage Ads tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the left side of the page and click Create Campaign.
- Enter a Campaign name, choose Auction for your Buying Type and choose an ad objective that supports Instagram ads.
Next, create your ad set:
- Click on the left side of the page and then click Create Ad Set.
- On the Create Ad Set page, choose whether to use an existing campaign or create a new campaign. Your campaign must use an ad objective that supports Instagram ads.
- Enter a name for the ad set and click Create.
- Select the new ad set and on the right side of the page, click Edit to set details such as budget, schedule, audience, placement (where the ad will run) and pricing. If you want the ads you include in this ad set to run on Instagram, make sure you’ve selected Instagram in the Placements section.
Finally, create your ad:
- Click on the left side of the page and then click Create Ad.
- On the Create Ad page, choose whether to use an existing campaign or create a new campaign. Your campaign must use an ad objective that supports Instagram ads. Similarly, choose whether to use an existing ad set or create a new one. Your ad set must have the Instagram placement checked in order for your ad to be eligible to show on Instagram.
- Enter a name for the ad and click Create.
- Select a Facebook Page for your ad. Remember, your Facebook Page’s name and image will be used on your Instagram ad so that people can easily identify your business.
- Complete the remaining details of your ad including the creative. Keep in mind that details such as audience targeting and bidding are managed at the ad set level for the ad.
- When you’re ready, click Upload Changes to upload your new ad.
Incoming search terms:
- sign up for instagram create an account